Important Information for ALL Participants - Please Read Carefully
Race Date: November 25, 2021
Location: Main Street, Manchester, CT
Time: 10:00 a.m. Sharp
Length of Course: 4.748 miles
Max # of Participants: 15,000
- No Wheels of any kind (e.g. in-line skates, baby strollers, bicycles) and no pets are allowed anywhere on the race course
- No Headphones or Earbuds may be worn while on the race course
- Stay on the Race Course! Do not shortcut onto sidewalks or yards to get around other runners as this can cause injuries and damage to personal property
Bibs and Runner Timing
- Every participant must wear their MRR bib!
- A MYLAPS Bib Tag is permanently attached to the back of every bib.
- Bibs must be worn just above your navel.
- Bibs must be visible as you cross the Start and Finish Lines.
- Do not fold or crumple your bib as it will damage the timing tag.
Race Packet Mailing and Pick-Up
- Race Packets (containing bibs and timing tags) will be mailed for all on-line registrations received on or before Nov 14
- Each Race Packet will contain only one bib for the individual whose name appears on the front of the envelope
- After the mailing deadline, packets must be picked up at the Packet Pick-up Tables either at the Sports Expo (9:00am-12:00pm) at Manchester High School or on Race Day (8:00am-9:15am) at Bennet Academy (Cone Gym)
PLEASE STORE BIBS in their original envelopes until race day to avoid inadvertantly swapping bibs with someone else.
- MRR is USATF sanctioned
- There are NO lockers available so arrive prepared to run
- The Connecticut Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association will provide pre-race and post-race sports massages to registered runners at the Cone Gymnasium of Bennet Academy (8:00am–12:00 noon) on race day. A fee of $15 will be charged for a 15-minute sports massage. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted.
- Plan to arrive early as you can expect delays in travel, parking and getting into the starting pack
- Please read the information about Parking and taking the Shuttle
- Toilet facilities are available in many areas
- Dress warmly and appropriately for standing around before and after the race
- Be prepared to hand off extra clothing to a friend before the start of the race
- Check the weather forecast!
The Manchester Road Race Committee strives each year to hold a world-class Thanksgiving Day road race that is safe, fun and family-friendly. We want all of our runners and spectators to feel welcome and to enjoy the race. Over the years, runners in costumes have become a tradition at the race, and contribute to its festive holiday atmosphere and spirit.
We respectfully urge runners who wear costumes or who carry signs or props during the race to exercise good judgment, and to be considerate of others. Please refrain from the use of costumes, signs or props that are lewd, culturally insensitive, threatening or unsafe.
Your cooperation will help us to continue making the Manchester Road Race a wonderful holiday tradition and a positive experience for all our participants.